Play All Day
Children 2 years and under are admitted free.
Last two hours of operation
Park InfoOur Location
Cowabunga Bay is located 10 minutes south of Salt Lake City and 25 miles north of Provo at 12047 South State Street in Draper Utah.
How do I get there?
From Downtown head south of I-15, from Provo head north on I-15. If you are unfamiliar with the 12300 South exit we suggest you take the 11400 South exit, head east, and then just a short distance south on State Street. We are easily located in the Draper Spectrum Entertainment Complex.
- Q: Are season passes available?A: We have 3 passes to choose from the Standard Season Pass is good for park admission all-day every-day the entire season. The Flex Pass is good for one admission per day between 2 designated guests. The Plus Pass is good for admission plus you can bring along a friend of your choice. All these Season Passes includes discounts on food, merchandise, action zone attractions & cabanas. Enjoy special savings on Season Passes by purchasing them during our pre-season. See our Season Pass page for more details.
- Q: I will not be playing in the water do I need to pay admission?A: Cowabunga Bay is a privately owned park. We rely on admission to maintain operations. Therefore all who enter must pay admission. Price of admission includes seating, restrooms, and use of a clean, safe, secure and well maintained facility. If you choose not to swim or enter any of the water attraction please notify the cashier at the time you purchase your ticket and you will be issued a “spectator wristband” At the end of your visit present your receipt at the guest service window. If the chemical-sensitive wristband indicates you have not been in the water we will issue you a $5.00 refund.
- Q: Is outside food and drink allowed in the park? A: No outside food or drink is allowed in the park. Delicious food, snacks and drinks are readily available at the Cowabunga Island Grille. Picnic tables are provided outside the park gate if you wish to bring your own food.
- Q: Do you have birthday party packages? A: Cowabunga Bay is a great place to celebrate your birthday. Birthday rates include admission for 5 children and a supervising adult. You can add on additional guests, food, treats and reserved cabanas. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance and a deposit is required for cabanas.
- Q: Do you have corporate or group rates?A: Cowabunga Bay is a great place to celebrate a family reunion, school outing or even corporate rates. Please call our group sales director for more information or to reserve your group 801-913-8382
- Q: Is there a charge for parking?A: Parking is plentiful and always FREE of charge.
- Q: Is first aid available? A: All of Cowabunga Bay’s lifeguards are trained in CPR. For our guests’ comfort and convenience the park has a First-Aid station with a licensed EMT.
- Q: What are the height restrictions on the attractions? A: Guests must be over 36″ tall to enjoy Mae Day, Guppy Racer, Double Dogger and Hang TWO. Smaller children may ride Squiggler, Hang Five and Hang Ten with an adult but must be 42″ tall to ride alone. Guests must be 42″ to ride Mondo, Banzai & Bombora.
- Q: Are life jackets available? A: Life jackets are provided free of charge on a first come, first serve basis. Sizes are available for infants through adults. Guests are welcome to bring their own life jacket as long as it is stamped with Coast Guard Approval.
- Q: Are personal floatation devices allowed. A: Personal floatation devices MUST be translucent as opaque flotation devices are a visual hazard for our lifeguards. We do provide inner tubes & life jackets free of charge on a first come, first serve basis.
- Q: Are lockers available? A: Yes, a rental fee of $5.00 for a small or $6.00 for a medium allows you unlimited access to a locker the entire length of your stay
- Q: Do you allow smoking or vaping in the park? A: Smoking or vaping of tobacco products is not allowed inside Cowabunga Bay. A smoking area is provided outside the park.
- Q: What type of swim wear/dress code is required? A: Cowabunga Bay is a family park and therefore appropriate swim wear is required. Swim wear is defined as an article of clothing, such as a swimsuit, that has been designed to be used in a pool environment. Swim wear should be lined and may not be transparent at any time. Revealing swim wear and thong or t-back swim wear bottoms will not be permitted. Cutoff jeans, denim clothing, hard metal objects, t-shirts and shoes cannot be worn on the body contact slides. If a shirt must be worn on the slides, only spandex, lycra or rash guard shirts may be worn. No undergarments may be visible at any time. No profanity/vulgar images or language allowed.
- Q: What about infants & toddlers? A: Cowabunga KID’S Cove was built just for these small ones. The water is heated and attractions are scaled down to their size. Children 3 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES. Diaper aged children MUST wear an approved swim diaper which can be purchased at the Cowabunga Trader Store.
- Q: What is your drop-off policy? A: No one under the age of 12 will be permitted into the park without an accompanying adult.
- Q: Can I leave the park and return later? A: If you need to leave the park for any reason you must obtain a “return pass” from the gate attendant. No one will be readmitted into the park without a wristband and a “return pass”. 4 hour time limit continues even when outside of the park.
- Q: How is the water treated at Cowabunga Bay? A: All water used in our attractions (nearly 1 million gallons) is processed through several filtration systems including Ultra Violet technology. We monitor each filtration system both electronically and manually with state of the art equipment to assure uniform high-quality water standards.
- Q: More about the water quality expertise and quality standards. A: All Cowabunga Bay’s management is certified by the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF) and National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) as Certified Pool Operators. These premier organizations have set standards for technical training and testing in the pool and spa industry. We test water quality manually every hour to back up a computerized monitoring system. Our system records water quality at all pools 24 hours a day and automatically dispenses chemicals, if needed, to meet stringent quality control standards. Our filtration systems are among the most advanced available. In fact, the filtration system “turns over” and delivers freshly filtered water to each attraction every 30 minutes, twice as fast as the Health code requires.
*park hours are subject to change without notice. Severe weather may cause some attractions to close for periods of time. Refunds are not issued due to weather or early park closings, however management reserves the right to close the park after a significant period of severe weather. If this situations occurs rain checks may be issued to paying guests that retain their receipt. Season Pass holders are not eligible for Rain Checks.
- All Day Pass – 48″ and above..$19.99*
- All Day Pass – Under 48″……..$14.99*
- Food Voucher…………………..$8.99
- choice of:
- Hamburger, French Fries & Soft Drink
- Hot Dog or Corn Dog, French Fries & Soft Drink
- Giant Slice Pizza (cheese or pepperoni). Soft Drink & Sm. Soft Serve Cone
*price does not include UT sales tax